Wednesday, June 22, 2011

{Party Favor} Homemade Sidewalk Chalk Recipe + Sidewalk Chalk Paint Recipe

I made these 2 variations of sidewalk chalk as favors for my daughter's birthday party....it makes me very happy that our guests and readers have liked them so much, so after several requests, I am posting the information so that YOU can make them too! There are 2 recipes....one for molded sidewalk chalk and one for sidewalk chalk paint....see below!

Sidewalk Chalk Paint:
In a large bowl, I mixed cornstarch + powdered tempera paint.  You can add as much or as little tempera as you like, but note that the color will darken quite a bit when water is added and it's actually ready to use!  I used small containers and put 3 (1 of each color) into each favor box.  I tied a paint brush to the top, tied it up with some ribbon, and added a cute label!  These are great summer party favors!





Molded Sidewalk Chalk:
Mix together 1 cup of Plaster of Paris with 1 cup of water. Add color to your mixture using powdered tempera paint. Blend well and let stand for a few minutes. Pour your mixture into the silicone molds. Set aside and let dry completely. Once dry you can remove your chalk from the mold. Set it aside to dry for approximately 24 hours more.

I purchased some great silicone molds from Sillycone and they have a variety of shapes to choose from!




1 comment: